Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Eying for a new laptop, the Aspire 8930G

I've been using my Acer Aspire 3680 for almost three years now. My laptop never failed me in terms of it's computing capabilities. Though I encountered several tiny hardware problems within those span of three years, generally speaking, I am satisfied on my laptop's performance.

But as my computing demand increases, my old laptop finds it hard to cope up with my needs. For an instance, I can't play hard-core games with my old laptop since its processing speed and memory capacity are not enough for most hard-core games available in the market. Also, when it comes to extreme CPU needs, for programming and other calculations, my 1.7 GHz CPU is not enough to cope with the speed needed to process a task.

I've read several articles online about this new laptop which I'm eying, the Acer Aspire 8930G. The first time I heard about this laptop was when Engadget released the news about Aspire Gemstone, Acer's new line of gaming laptops. I got excited after knowing how powerful these machines are. Abeit disappointed because of its high price, I'm still hoping that I can save money to buy one of these laptops to replace my ever loyal old Aspire 3680.

No comments: